Cash for College Workshops
The Northcoast Cal-SOAP Consortium sponsors a series of FREE workshops where financial aid experts will be available to assist families with completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), CA Dream Act for Eligible AB 540 students, and Chafee Grant for foster youth applications.
Workshops are on a drop-in basis. You don't need to be at the entire workshop; you can stop by anytime during the workshop. And all workshops are open to ALL students, not just the students at the hosting school.
What to bring:
- Driver's license, if you have one
- Social Security card or number
- Alien registration number, if you are not a U.S. citizen
- 2016 income & tax information for you & your parent
- Any records of untaxed income such as child support payments, payments to/from retirement accounts, combat pay, short-term disability, or worker’s compensation
- List of colleges you are interested in attending
- Your FSA ID information, if you have already set one up
Don't leave financial aid money on the table! Here are the top 5 things you MUST DO to maximize your financial aid:
- Submit Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov between Oct.1 – March 2.
- AB 540 students complete the free, secure online CA Dream Act Application at www.caldreamact.org
between Oct. 1- March 2.
- Confirm that your high school submits your verified GPA for the Cal Grant program by March 2.
- Apply for national & local scholarships. Check out free searches online and see your school counselor for help.
- Talk to your family about paying for college. Tell them they can assist you just by helping you
complete the FAFSA or CA Dream Act application.
Base funding for Cal-SOAP comes from the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) and is matched with contributions from local consortium partners.