Financial Literacy, Savings & Planning
It is becoming increasingly important for young people to learn to earn, save, and manage their finances. We are placing increased emphasis on the importance of student savings, financial knowledge and future planning through interactive and relevant lessons. We are achieving this through high quality curriculum that has been developed and is being delivered through collaborative partnerships with several organizations in our community.
- We will prepare out students to earn, save, and manage their finances.
- We will develop partnerships with businesses and financial experts to design and deliver appropriate financial literacy lessons.
- We will prepare and deliver an assortment of options designed to meet the needs of each districts student population which will be appropriately aligned with their overall vision
- We will develop a comprehensive scholarship distribution program
- We will research the feasibility of developing and implementing a scholarship safety net program to reduce finances as a barrier to post-secondary participation
Specific Action Plans
- Promote and encourage student savings starting at an early age
- Respond specifically to custom requests by DOD pilot schools
- Develop a Middle School series incorporating financial literacy and entrepreneurship related activities and lessons
- Develop a High School Financial Literacy curriculum that can be offered through a series of lessons or an all-day program event
- We will oversee and manage a community effort to identify and distribute financial resources (scholarships) in an equitable fashion across the region